We’re back with another round of #AskFM! This week, we’re answering a common question we get asked about staging….. “Whats one easy way to make a staging impact?”. Our team shared their easy staging tips on Instagram Stories, and today we’re recapping their answers on the blog!
Here’s what our team suggests for easy, impactful staging:
- Our in-house Queen of Staging, Kori Marin, always recommends switching out the light fixtures in the living room, dinning room and/or the master bedroom. Upgraded light fixtures photograph beautifully, and make a property look more expensive than it is!
- A simple solution that Sales Representative Tal Shelef suggests, is painting your walls a simple colour. Neutral colours like white, beige and grey are always winners! Freshly painted neutral walls make your place look cleaner, fresher and brighter.
- Broker of Record Ralph Fox always recommends hiring a professional cleaner. No matter how clean you think you are, a professional will always do a better job of getting your windows, appliances and grout sparkling like new!
- Ian Busher, Sales Representative, has a super easy tip for making your closets look bigger! Simply remove everything from the floor of your closet, revealing a completely bare floor. This simple trick has dramatic results – and makes your closet look more spacious.
- Marketing Manager Kelly Mazur suggests that you remove all artificial scents and air fresheners from your home. Unnatural scents rarely make a good first impression, and don’t help to make your home feel welcoming.
- Emma McConville, our General Manager, suggests that you breathe new life into your home by decorating with live plants and fresh flowers. Make sure you remember to keep the flowers fresh during the entire listing period!
- Sales Representative Carol Duong says that curb appeal is half the battle when it comes to staging your home. She suggests refreshing your front and back yard to make a strong impression.
- Our Business Development Manager, Jessica Winslow, recommends that clients declutter their counter tops. Things like bathroom products and small appliances don’t look good in listing photographs.
- Sales Representative Sima Sepehri adds on to Jessica’s tip about decluttering. Sima suggests that you remove all personal items from your home so that potential buyers can easily picture themselves living there. Pictures, photo albums and personal mementos should all be removed.
When it comes to staging your property, you won’t get a second chance to make a first impression. That is why we work closely with our clients to optimize their spaces for marketing purposes, taking great care to maximize the space for both photography and video representation.
- A staged home will sell for 17% higher value (on average) and spend 83% less time on the market than non-staged homes.
- Most buyers form an opinion of a home within the first 7–10 seconds of arriving.
Thinking about putting your home on the market? Discover a better way with Fox Marin. Reach out to learn how we can help.