Fox Marin Estate is founded on the principles of helping people to discover new information about the real estate market. Fox Marin knows that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY FOX MARIN
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information about the real estate market.
This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our Fox Marin users:
Information You Provide to Us
• We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. We reserve the right to use the information you submit to us in such ways that we deem are compatible with our goal of providing site visitors with a comprehensive resource of information about the real estate market.
• Requesting more information: In order for you to use Fox Marin services, such requesting more information, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your full name, phone number and e-mail address).
• We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Fox Marin and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Fox Marin cookie information, and the page you requested. Fox Marin uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
• Fox Marin may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
• Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Fox Marin will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Fox Marin is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below.
Fox Marin may send out e-mails with Fox Marin-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Fox Marin, which inform you of actions that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Fox Marin cookies do not collect personal information.
• Like the vast majority of sites on the interwebs nowadays, Fox Marin’s advertising partners may place a cookie on your browser that makes it possible to collect anonymous non-personally identifiable information that ad delivery systems use to present more relevant ads. We don’t like dancing monkeys either, so we think most of you would rather receive relevant ads than untargeted ones.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Because Fox Marin enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use Fox Marin is an integral part of the Fox Marin experience. We will share your personal information only as described below.
• Fox Marin Personnel: Fox Marin personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Fox Marin business.
• Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Fox Marin, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
• User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to site visitors in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on Fox Marin where we allow you to tell site visitors about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
• API: Fox Marin will allow authorized third parties access to Fox Marin listing data in accordance to the listing owners wishes.
• Syndication: Fox Marin allows for the RSS syndication of some of its public content within the Fox Marin website.
• In accordance with the express purpose of why you provided it and we captured it
• With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
• Your information will be shared with third parties for the sake of presenting relevant marketing offers only if express permission through an opt-in is provided by you.
KEEPING INFORMATION SECURE
• Your Fox Marin account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
• Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
WAYS TO CONTROL DISPLAY AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
• As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as requesting automated listing notifications.
• You may request deletion of your Fox Marin account by e-mailing us at [email protected]
• If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other Fox Marin users, please visit contact us at [email protected]
• However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
• As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
You must be 13 years and older to register
As a result, Fox Marin does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Fox Marin has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using Fox Marin or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
CONDITIONS OF USE